Last updated: 18-10-2018
What’s most important
Deorecordings Association is committed to protecting your personal information. We assure you that we go to great lengths to protect the personal information of users of our services. Therefore:
- Our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and monitored
- We never sell nor transfer any personal data to third parties, whether individual or institutional
- The content of posts / conversations carried out using our services may
not be revealed to third parties without a clear consent of the authors
- We appointed a professional GDPR Inspector, to ensure that our security measures guarantee protection of personal data at an adequately high level
We are aware that only a precise information about our actions undertaken to protect personal data will help you trust us and freely use the functionalities offered by our services. This document will help you learn the principles that guide us, whether you’re a final beneficiary of our services (visiting our websites, using our e-courses, mobile apps, e-mails, multimedia resources or other), or if you’re actively involved as an e-coach, volunteer, co-operator or financial supporter.
Please know that we are committed to protecting and appropriately handling the private and personal information of users of our services. We are publishing this Privacy Statement to let you know how we handle personal information.
The administrator of your personal data is the Deorecordings Association domiciled in Wisła. When we use the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, we refer to Deorecordings Association and affiliated partners. Our mission is to reach people with the Gospel, through media and contemporary means, including Internet. We are a supra-denominational structure, and people involved in its activities represent all main Christian denominations in Poland. You will find more information about us at http://deorecordings.ccm.plhttp://platforma.szukajacboga.pl. If you have any questions regarding our policy statement, contact the appointed GDPR Inspector over email or hard mail:
Inspektor Ochrony Danych Osobowych
Ul. Malinka 65D/2
43-460 Wisla, Poland
What is personal information?
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information is information about you, individually, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, and your personal preferences, interests (including religious views), and other information you may share with us etc.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and store personal information…
1.…when you visit our website.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing personal information about yourself, including your e-mail address. Our web server may collect anonymous information related to your visit to our website, such as IP address and domain used to access our website, browser type, the website you came from to access our website, the page you entered and exited at, any website page within our website that is viewed by that IP address and the country where you are located. We use this information to monitor our website’s performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views, etc.) and for our operational purposes, such as working to continually upgrade our website.
2 …when you directly give us personal information
We may collect and store information about you when you interact with us through the Site or other sites from the Szukajac Boga Platform. For example, this could be when you…
- …use any of the contact forms provided on our website;
- …register for an event;
- …register for one of our (email) services;
- …register to one of our e-courses;
- …give us feedback;
- …make a complaint;
- …apply for a position or to volunteer through our website;
- …support our work through a donation;
- …correspond with a representative of Jesus.net.
3 …when you indirectly give us information
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook (Messenger), WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube, we may also obtain some personal information about you. The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on each platform. To change your settings on these platforms, please refer to their privacy statement. Also, we may obtain information about your visit to our site, for example the pages you visit and how you navigate the site, by using cookies. Please check the Cookies section in this Privacy Statement for more information
If you are 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent’s/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
What information might we collect?
When you engage with us using online forms, we may collect information about you (referred to in this Privacy Statement as 'personal information'). This information is essential for us to provide you with our services and for them to be of relevant quality. This may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, why you are interested in a website or project of the Szukajac Boga Platform, and other information relating to you personally which you may choose to provide to us via online forms or during registration.
Our online services allow for open conversations (written or verbal) with other users of the service or with e-coaches. The content of these conversations is beyond our direct control and we don’t assume responsibility for their misuse. We recommend that no personal data is shared in those conversations. Breaking this rule will transfer the responsibility upon the person sharing his/her data and will never become a basis to lay any claims against the data Administrator.
Data protection law recognizes that certain types of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as 'sensitive' or 'special category' personal information and covers information revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs and political opinions, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, information concerning health or data concerning a person's sex life or sexual orientation.
With your explicit consent, we may also collect sensitive personal information if you choose to tell us about your experiences relating to our services.
How and why do we use your information?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to a request: If you contact us with a question, we may use your personal information to provide you with a response.
- Access to online courses: Your data is used to allow the participation in online courses (name and e-mail address) and, when necessary, to assign you to a relevant group or an e-coach (name, gender, age, geographical region)
- Providing and adjusting our website: We may use your personal information to help provide you with access to our website, adjust the content to your development needs.
- Processing an application to work with us: We may process your information if you send or fill in an application form or send us your CV or details in respect of an opportunity to get involved in our ministry in order to evaluate your suitability and respond to you.
- Transactional purposes: We will need to use your personal information in order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into or agreed between you and us for goods or services (e.g. mailing you a free copy of the New Testament or a participation in a conference).
- Monitoring and Evaluating: We may use your information in order to improve current and future delivery of our services. In order to do so, we may use services of service providers.
- Fundraising or direct marketing: We will only send you marketing information by email, if you have given us specific consent. If you withdraw your consent and then subsequently opt in to receive marketing information again, then your most recent preference may supersede.
- Donation processing: We will process personal information you provide in order to administer any one-time or on-going donations.
- Administration: We may use your personal information to record and deal with a complaint, record a request not to receive further marking information, record what our volunteers have done for us, and for other essential internal record keeping purposes.
- Protecting your vital interests: We may process your personal information where we reasonably think that there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else.
- Market research and surveys: We may invite you to participate in surveys or market research to help us improve our website, fundraising, services and strategic development. Participation is always voluntary and no individuals will be identified as a result of this research, unless you provide a consent.
- Legal, regulatory and tax compliance: Where required we are subject to a legal obligation, we may process your personal information to fulfil that obligation.
Who do we share your information with?
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not, under any circumstances, sell or share your personal information with any third party besides those specified below. If you receive marketing materials suggesting our consent or sharing of personal information, please contact us urgently.
We will only share your data for the following purposes: Third party suppliers: We may need to share your information with data hosting providers or service providers who help us to deliver our services, projects, or fundraising activities and appeals. These providers will only act under our instruction and are subject to pre-contract scrutiny and contractual obligations containing strict data protection clauses. Right now, we have an agreement with the following service providers:
- StudioDR sp. z o.o. - situated in Poland and being fully owned by us. It is an entity helping us realize statutory goals, among others through content creation for the Szukajac Boga Platform and sharing hosting and IT services
- FreshMail.pl – one of most popular Polish services for email distribution used for our newsletters
Conference and meeting organization: In order to provide the offered services/events, the necessary data may be shared with contracted service providers, e.g. hotels/venus or insurance companies.
Where legally required: We will comply with requests where disclosure is required by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to the government for tax investigation purposes, or to law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime. We may also share your information with the emergency services if we reasonably think there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else.
Third party Sites and Information
How do we protect your information?
We use technical and corporate organizational safeguards to ensure that your personal information is secure. We limit access to information on a need-to-know basis and take appropriate measures to ensure that our people are aware that such information is only used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors. Our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and monitored.
Confidentiality and security are very important to us. The content of conversations carried via our services will not be revealed to third parties without an explicit consent of their authors, excluding situations where conversations are clearly marked as public. Our E-coaches and volunteers were instructed about it and provided consents. We oblige you to keeping confidentiality as well. By using our services you agree not to publicize and not to share the content of conversations had with an E-coach or other users, without their explicit consent. If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, buy something or make a booking online, we pass your card details securely to our payment processing partners. We do this in accordance with industry standards and do not store the details on our website.
However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data (including personal information) disclosed or transmitted over public networks.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Your personal information will be processed no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or until your explicit withdrawal of consent for their processing. If you are unable to quickly locate the request to stop processing your personal information in any of our services, you can always contact kontakt[at]SzukajacBoga.pl and ask for your data to be deleted from a particular service.
If you request that we stop processing your personal information for the purpose of marketing we may in some instances need to add your details to a suppression file to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted.
We will keep your personal information in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which may be up to six years after a particular transaction).
What about international transfers of personal information?
Your personal information will not be transferred, processed nor stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and they are subject to the European GDPR regulation. In special cases, having received your explicit consent, we may use services or a supplier located outside the EEA. You should be aware that, in general, legal protection for personal information in countries outside the EEA may not be equivalent to the level of protection provided in the EEA. However, we take steps to put in place suitable safeguards to protect your personal information when processed by the supplier such as entering into the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses or choosing suppliers boasting privacy protection certificates acknowledged by the EU and USA, such as Privacy-Shield.
What are your rights to your personal information?
Data protection legislation gives you the right to request access to personal information about you which is processed by us and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to ask us to erase your personal information or ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information. Our services, such as online courses or e-mail subscriptions allow for exercising these rights through these means. If a particular service doesn’t have such an automatic functionality, please write a letter and send it along with a copy of an identification document which provide photo identification and confirm your address, such as a passport, driving license, or utility bill. Please also provide any additional information that is relevant to the nature of your contact with us, as this will help us to locate your records.
You can send us the documents via post to:
Platforma Szukając Boga
Ul. Malinka 65D/2
43-460 Wisła, Polska
Alternatively, send an email (from the email address your request refers to, or from another, however then attach a photo of an identification document) to:
We will respond within 30 days, on receipt of your written request
How to make a complaint or raise a concern?
If you would like more information, or have any questions about this policy, to make a formal complaint about our approach to data protection or raise privacy concerns please contact Deorecordings Association over:
Mail: Inspektor Ochrony Danych Osobowych Stowarzyszenie Deorecordings
Ul. Malinka 65D/2
43-460 Wisla, Polan
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how we have handled your personal information, please follow our complaints procedure. If you are not happy with the response you receive, then you can raise your concern with the relevant statutory body.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to and stored on your device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to provide you with a good experience while you browse, and also to provide information which can help website owners to improve websites.
When you visit our website, we may place a “cookie” on your computer to track your visit. The cookie acts as an identification card and allows our website to identify you and to retain information that is relevant to interacting with our website. The cookie allows us to track your visit to the website so that we can better understand your use of our website and customize it to better meet your needs.
What cookies do we use and for what purpose?
- Functional cookies
These enhance your experience whilst using the site by recognizing you when you return to our site, for example, by remembering accessibility preferences
- Performance Cookies
These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our
website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Google Analytics. This cookie is used to monitor and track traffic on our website, by using the Google Analytics interface.
- Matomo (Piwik). This cookie is used to monitor and track traffic on our website, by using the Piwik interface.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies unless you change your browser settings. If you wish to restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by any websites, you can generally do this through your browser settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser.
Please note however that if you set your internet browser preferences to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Unless you have adjusted your internet browser settings to block cookies, our site will set cookies.
May this Privacy Statement be changed?
We reserve the right to introduce changes or additions to this Privacy Statement. All such changes will be published on www.SzukajacBoga.pl website, in the “Privacy Statement” tab, so we recommend occasional visits to our website and reviewing updates as to rules for using our services by all users. Changes will not refer to our basic principle: no personal information of our users will be shared with third parties.
Thank you for making yourself familiar with our Privacy Statement.
Have a good day!
The Szukajac Boga Platform Team